Estimates Committee selected 14 subjects of 15 ministries for examinations for 2022-23
New Delhi: Parliamentary Committee on Estimates headed by Mr. Girish Bhalchandra Bapat selected the 14 subjects related to 15 different ministries for examination by the Committee on Estimates for the year of 2022-23.
The functions of the Estimates Committee are: to report what economies, improvements in organisation, efficiency or administrative reform, consistent with the policy underlying the estimates may be effected; to suggest alternative policies in order to bring about efficiency and economy in administration; to examine whether the money is well laid out within the limits of the policy implied in the estimates; and to suggest the form in which the estimates shall be presented to Parliament. The Committee does not exercise its functions in relation to such Public Undertakings as are allotted to the Committee on Public Undertakings by the Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business of Lok Sabha or by the Speaker.
Since its inception in April, 1950, the 30 members Committee has presented 1135 Reports covering almost all the Ministries/Departments of the Government of India. Out of these, 634 are the Original Reports and 501 are Reports on Action Taken by the Government on earlier Reports of the Committee as on 5 May, 2022
following subjects selected for examination during the year 2022-23:
“Adopt a Heritage: Apni Dharohar, Apni Pehchaan” (A Review Ministry of Tourism and Archaeological Survey of India (Ministry of Culture)
1. Assessment of various initiatives under CGHS Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
2. Implementation of ‘Development of Solar Parks and Ultra Mega Solar Power Projects’- (A review Ministry of New & Renewable Energy)
3. Performance Review of Dairy Processing And Infrastructure Development Fund (Didf) Scheme Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry & Dairying
4. Review of the Progress of Street Lighting National Programme Ministry of Power
5. Railway Land Encroachment and its Financial Implications Ministry of Railways
6. Evaluation of Electric Vehicle (EV) Policy Ministry of Heavy Industry
7. Central Financial Grants/Support to Various Institutions in the Country Ministry of Finance Estimates and Policy Aspects of the Ministry of Defence Ministry of Defence 2
Requirement of Human Capital & Physical Infrastructure to meet the growth of Civil Aviation Sector in India and Development of Airports in various parts of the Country Ministry of Civil Aviation
8. Estimates and Policy Aspects of the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region
9. Review of role and performance of DISHA Committee in various schemes Ministry of Rural Development
10. Review of the BharatNet Scheme and Broadband w.r.t. Last Mile Connectivity Ministry of Communications
11. Review of performance of „Pradhan Mantri Aawas Yojana (Urban) – PMAY (U) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
12. Review of performance of the Scheme „Jan Shikshan Sansthan‟ Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
13. Review of performance of the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) and Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) Ministry of Education.